.post img, .post img a{ position: relative; z-index: -100; }

Monday, September 5, 2016

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Friday morning, September 2nd, we went to the MTC/Area Offices building so Buddy could be seen by Dr. Mason, the mission doctor.  Buddy had developed a cough like mine and what looked to us like conjunctivitis in his eyes. Luckily, the doctor was able to give him some medication. We enjoyed meeting and talking for a few minutes with the doctor. He definitely has huge responsibilities. We continue to be marvel at the dedication and faithful service of everyone we meet.  

About noon, Elder and Sister Aitken drove us to the airport so we could catch our flight back to Jamaica. We so appreciate their helping us so much during our visit to the DR. They are new and are also learning all the facets of their assignment. They have multiple responsibilities, and we think they're doing an exceptional job. We love them already. 

Our flight to Miami was delayed, so once again it meant that we might miss our connection to Jamaica. We hurried as fast as we could, but the immigration and customs procedures always take awhile. We got to the gate, and they had just closed the door and wouldn't let us on the plane. Fortunately, American Airlines took responsibility and gave us vouchers for a hotel and for food and rebooked on a flight on Saturday. We were worried about the flights on Saturday because they were sold out, but we were placed on the stand-by list. 

Our hotel definitely wasn't one of the best we've stayed in, but not the worst either. We arose early to get back to the airport and luckily made it on the flight with no problem.

We arrived back in Jamaica Saturday afternoon and went through immigration and customs once again with no problems. We're getting better at this international travel thing. 

We got out to the truck, and the BATTERY WAS DEAD! We just had to laugh. Evidently, we had left an interior light on. Grrrrr. Buddy was able to get some of the parking area men to help him get the truck started, and finally we were on our way "home."  

It felt good to be back in familiar surroundings. We commented that we can't believe this feels like home already. We're thankful for that. 

Sunday, September 4th, we attended the Constant Spring Ward here in Kingston. We actually live in this ward's boundaries, but because of our traveling around the island on many Sundays, we may not attend here that often. We loved the people right away and felt right at home. 

1 comment:

  1. Missions are always adventures and you seem to be having a memorable one. Glad to know that elder Stewart's illness was not serious.